How to Handle Your myControl app
Learn how to maintain your hearing aids and how to handle apps and accessories.
How to pair your Signia Made for iPhone hearing aids with the myControl app
myControl App FAQs
Where can I find the myControl App?
The myControl App is freely downloadable in the Apple App Store and Google Play Store of all compatible Apple devices.
With which iOS devices is the myControl App compatible?
The myControl App is compatible with iOS devices.The list of compatible iOS devices you will find here
With which Android devices is the myControl App compatible?
The myControl App is compatible with Android devices.The list of the compatible Android devices is at the bottom of the myControl page.
What kind of adjustments can I make by using the myControl App?
Using the myControl App, you can:
– change the hearing program and microphone volume level;
– adjust the sound balance (basses and trebles);
– adjust the Tinnitus therapy signal (if available);
– set the directionality manually by using the Spatial Configurator;
– activate Hearing Aid Airplane Mode when you are on the plane so that you can still use the remote control capabilities of the App;
– activate various system sounds (program change, spatial configurator span, volume change, low battery etc.);
– set the low battery interval indicating when the App should signalize you that the battery level is low; and
– monitor your sound exposure and wearing time.
As a result, the myControl App gives you a wide variety of individual adjustment options according to your personal preferences.
How do my hearing aids access to motion sensor information provided by my smartphone?
After you pair your Bluetooth hearing aids with your smartphone and start the myControl App afterwards, you should grant access to:
– the location information and
– motion & fitness activity information
coming from your smartphone.
In order to get these permission requests, the location services (Settings>>Privacy>>Location services) and fitness tracking (Settings>>Privacy>>Motion&Fitness>>Fitness Tracking) should be activated on your iPhone.
By granting this access for the myControl App and your Bluetooth hearing aids, movement is added to the classification and spatial awareness will be reinforced. This will improve the hearing quality and comfort of the wearer in movement.
What is the main benefit of “Voice Activity Tracking” available in the myControl App?
Using this function, the wearer can monitor the improvement on his/her communication/speech activity while using the Signia Nx hearing aids.